REVIEW: Underneath the Sycamore Tree by B Celeste



It happened in stages.⁣
My father left.⁣
My twin sister died of an incurable autoimmune disease.⁣
My mother started breaking down.⁣
Then I was diagnosed with the very thing that took my other half from me.⁣
That was when I realized Mama’s eyes turned gold when she cried.⁣
So I moved in with my father and his new family—new wife, new son, new stepbrother.⁣
Kaiden Monroe made me feel normal.⁣
Hated. Cared for. Loathed. And … loved.⁣
Somewhere along the way, I’d found solace in the boy with brooding eyes.⁣
But everything happens in stages.⁣
And nothing good ever lasts.⁣


“𝐖𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐰𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐰𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐢𝐭.”

This book. My god , this book...my heart is in shattered pieces on the floor right now. This story is heartbreaking, it’s beautiful, and it’s raw and full of deep emotion that will grip your heart and not let go. I cried a lot during this book, and I don’t mean a light tear here and there...I mean hard sobs that were hard to control.

Every emotion, every pain, just every single thing in this book, I felt through the talented and haunting words of B. Celeste. I love all of her books, and I especially loved this one. I didn’t know what direction this was going to go in, and while it did shock me and leave me stunned, I couldn’t help but admire how beautiful of a story it was as a whole. It was amazing.

From the moment you pick up this book, prepare to have your entire life put on hold because this story will take over and you won’t want to do anything else but read this book.

“ 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥, 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤. 𝐖𝐞 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥. 𝐖𝐞’𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐬…𝐰𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐧’𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨.”

*I received an ARC of this book and this is my honest review.*

Rating: 5 Hearts











No comments

Post a Comment